Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mushroom & Spinach Buns


I've been titling my blogs based on whichever ingredient I haven't used before, but I might need to be more creative in the future when the only new ingredient is a storebought, reheated product. Still, I love steamed buns, and I'm pretty low on fridge and (useful) freezer contents. Time to go veggie shopping...


Just my lunch today. I got back too late to pack A a lunch yesterday, so this morning she grabbed something for herself. Fruit loops and cookies...

I packed each dish, overpacked slightly to see how well my new bento handles it, and microwaved each (without the lid!) for 60 seconds. Food safety procedures say I should have left everything cold, or kept it warm until I was ready to eat.

Stuffed buns which I just take out of the freezer and defrost at room temperature might be alright, who knows, but I think it's kinda unpleasant, so I reheated everything and wrapped it all up in a furoshiki.  This was not a victory for safe food handling procedures, but it sure was tasty. Maybe I should buy some insulting foil cloth from Daiso, and sew it onto one side of this. oh, but then it won't be a good napkin. details, details.

 
 


My new bento doesn't have room inside for a pair of chopsticks, but does have a small compartment under the lid which would be good for some kind of utensils. maybe I need a pair of collapsible chopsticks, like these but cheaper, or possibly this.

No comments:

Post a Comment